- 45% of your score is Poster, Presentation, and Notebook!
- Rock Collecting
- Some rocks lie below the plane of the rover's wheels (to do:
add diagram). You need to have a rock collector that can go lower
to pick these rocks up.
- Speed Test
- Slow and steady wins the race, just keep it under one minute for full points.
- Hill climb
- Clean the wheels or tracks.
- Adjust center of gravity as far forward as possible.
- Blind Driving
- Practice, practice, practice. It also helps to have a narrower rover; there is less opportunity to run into the obstacles.
- The State Finals are different!
- Notebook isn't re-graded.
- Poster will be graded harder
- Points deducted if pie charts don't label the amount and type
(units) for each data item.
- Presentation will be graded harder
- Questions asked in the past:
- What is the rover's gear ratio?
- How did you decide on the gearing?
- How many Legos are in your rover? [This was actually asked
in a State Final!]
- How did you distribute the weight?
- Speed, blind driving, and rock collecting are harder.
- Rocks will be added to the course to force you to take a
harder route or drive over the rocks.
- Rock collecting will be harder
- There will be fewer rocks and/or rocks placed in more