the Rover and Practicing for the Competition
- What would NASA do to test a mars rover? They
would create a simulated Martian environment and test their rover in it!
- Create a prototype rover and experiment
- Put different kinds of wheels on your rover and test it on an incline. See which wheels climb the best.
- Try tracks and wheels on your rover to see which provides the best stability and manuverability.
- Simulate the competition
- Create your own rock collecting course
- Simulate different rock collecting problems
- Rock is next to a wall. Can your collector
- Rock is at the edge of a cliff. Don't push it
over the cliff!
- Rock is in a depression. Can your collector
reach down far enough?
- Rock is in a crater. Can your rover drive
into the crater or can your collector reach it from outside the crater?
- Create your own hill climb
- Practice blind driving around an obstacle course.